Heart'n'Soul

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Days of our Lives

I strongly believe that the days that form our life, are just like our whole life is. It doesn’t always turn out to be the way it starts and neither does it turn out to be what we expect it to be.

Sometimes its not what you wanted but what you get is far better, while other times you want something so desperately that you do anything and everything to acquire it... and yet, all you get is nothing.

Like ever year, this year also my birthday began with a bang. I had actually forgotten that it’s my birthday cuz I was too tired and dazed (thanks to work).

Mom and dad acted like they had slept off and then suddenly they came to my room with a cake and my gifts - a pair of quilted look ballerinas, funky shades and well a special kind of mouth freshener. It was very more than special cuz though they forgot that I do not like cakes - and most of all a pineapple cake - they remembered everything I had checked out in various stores, things that I loved, but still did not buy them cuz I was majorly short on cash in December. You see, I had to save whatever I had for tax declarations - DUH!!!

I really wish it had been that way for the rest of the day. It wasn’t. Flee called, Sis called... and just when I had given up hope - cursing my stupid, fancy, useless, non-ringing mobile – it started blinking and it said “Tarzan Calling” (that’s a nick for one of my friends. Teeheehee)

However, both of my best, closest and oldest friends did not call. I felt sad and I was disappointed. I realized I am too used to being the princess on that day every year and that I wasn’t anymore. I realized that I loved the attention it brought and that I am not in that attention span any more.

I know I know I know – I am not a superstar, but do I really need to be that for people close to me to remember and wish me on my birthday???

It felt like I had lost a lot but never accepted it till it was right there in my face.

It just din feel the same. Well, I am not sad, cuz I know there are people who do care, just that it did not feel the same without the wishes from people who have always been there and have never forgotten, wishing me year after year without fail, following the stupid rituals that I looked forward to every year, despite the fact that I knew what it would be.

But this year, it did not happen. It was not the same. My birthday was suddenly - JUST ANOTHER DAY.

However, Flee, Venky and Tarzan ensured that it wouldn’t become exactly that for me... THANKS A ZILLION TONS ... Really, with all my heart!!!

Flee got me a pair of awesome looking brown suede leather gather look boots, a cute little Christmas hanging and flowers delivered to my house. And she kept wishing me after every 2-3 hours, all through the day... thanks girl, meant a lot.

Tarzan gave me a classy Pierre Cardin watch - now he’s crazy to do that but m not complaining. I simply love the classy thing that it is - formal yet absolutely stylish. THANK YOU :-D … Oh! And how can I forget the south cotton jacket that you sent. AWESOME :-)

Venky, thanks for the cutest and the most adorable greeting card that I have ever received in my life. I promise publicly that you WILL get your ice-cream :P … I know I was bugging you with my list and all that, but I really did not expect you to be sending it all the way here. It was a GOOOOOOOOD surprise and I simply loved it :-)

I got my birthday wishes - warm, cold, formal, fun, loving, fake - all sorts … and at the end of the day, it made me wonder how just one year can change so many things and so many people.

Funny… isn’t it??? Just One Year and Just another day in it!!!

Labels: , , , , , ,

posted by Heart'n'Soul at 3:56 PM

45 Comments:

Hmmmmmmmmm
Sowwwyyyyyy, i kno i mssd it 2

Belated happy b'day

Luv
Simi

January 8, 2009 at 4:41 PM  

Belated Happy Birthday, sweetheart!
Mine is like that for the last few years... just another day.. and always wondering who it will be this year who wont call... Last year though everyone i wanted to called me :)
Wishing dreadfully for March 2009 :D

January 8, 2009 at 4:43 PM  

@Simi - its ok hun, like i said, not complainin... just dosn feel the smae :) n thnks a lot

@Lena - looks like i will get used to it too :) and hope i will remeber yours... btw...when is it?

January 8, 2009 at 4:46 PM  

I don't know what I've been told,
But somebody here is getting old.
I don't know what can be said,
Somebody’s face is turning red.
Sound off happy, sound off birthday,
But I was the first one to wish—Happy Birthday!

January 8, 2009 at 5:06 PM  

Belated Birthday.... Sorry could not make it to the party...
But yeah slowly as years roll by.. b'days do get reduced to just another days... And I should be slaughtered for I'd forgotten my best friends b'day a week back... Although I'd been given the best b'day ever from my friends this year,, but yaa it'll become a non affair the moment i pass out of college...

January 8, 2009 at 5:06 PM  

@Roy - thnks man... i know u were the first one to wish me, way in advance...hehehehe

@Swayam - uh... slaghter - nopes... just say sorry, wish n make it up... m guessin u wud have already done that haan?

January 8, 2009 at 5:27 PM  

Belated Happy Birthday. Yeah it can be a little upsetting when ur oldest and the closest friend(s) forget ur birthday. But if this helps...my dad never,yes,never remembers my birthday. I remind him to wish my brother and my mother on their birthdays:).
Take care!

January 8, 2009 at 5:35 PM  

Belated birthday wishes... :)

January 8, 2009 at 8:29 PM  

aww..the picture summarize ur emotions :)...well wishing you another great year ahead..belated Happy B'day..:)

so when was it?

January 9, 2009 at 12:30 AM  

you never told us! happy birthday! :)

January 9, 2009 at 10:23 AM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

January 9, 2009 at 10:44 AM  

jeez I missed it too then :( Im so sorry but I never knew when ur bday was, to begin with.

HAPPY BELATED BDAY TO YA DIV! *HUGZ*


I know how u feel...when on my bday, I get tonns n tonns of wishes from ppl all over the world, sometimes I still feel upset...thats when the ppl I wanna be wished by forget to wish me. I dunno wut it is, but it somehow gets to me. So I can u'stand how u felt Div.

And ur so right...a day can be like our whole life. But also just like u said later on, in life we dun always get wut we want but wut we end up getting is sometimes way better than wut we wanted.

So I think u had a superb day after all. And Im glad u were happy with it all. I loved this post...so very healing to the mind..tnxx for sharing this with us.

*MWAH* ur beautiful!

Keshi.

January 9, 2009 at 10:46 AM  

aww...I missed it...can I still have a treat??? :P

Happy Belated B'day!!!!

So when was it???

January 9, 2009 at 2:21 PM  

belated budday wishes, girl! :)

never mind if someone forgot ur b'day, you'll always get a chance to forget theirs too! :P

January 9, 2009 at 3:08 PM  

@Rachna - well yeah its ok if u know sum1 always forgetts.... infact i called up one such freind on my bday n told him to wish me... but it hurts when ppl who always remeber seem to forgett for no justifiable reason
Thanks for visiting :)

@Rajesh - Thnks a lot man :)

@ Prakhar - i wish i looked like tht pic...hehehe ... cute!!!...it was on 16th Dec

@Vishesh - ummm, i am not comlainin bout u guys ... was on 16 dec waise :P

January 9, 2009 at 6:08 PM  

@Keshi - thnks for understanding exactly what i felt n wanted to put across... Glad u liked it :)
Luv n hugs to u :D

@Akshat - oh yeah, u can have ur treat... r u in del?

@Usha - oh kool... i din think this ways...HAHAHAH

January 9, 2009 at 6:09 PM  

Woohoo!!

WE WANT ICE CREAM!!!!

January 9, 2009 at 8:32 PM  

at 1st i thought it had somethng to do with the ?
Joey's Soap Opra :P
yeah but when i read it i fel so nice and i believe eso did evryone ..it happens so many times ..that we get some pleasent surpries which we never had thought even in our sweetest of dreams :P

January 9, 2009 at 9:26 PM  

Mine is on 8th March... even if you forget, dont you worry, i will come for you :D

January 10, 2009 at 2:33 AM  

Hi Div,

Belated Birthday wishes... am glad that you had a nice time with your mates there...

LOL@tax declarations, its always the same every year... wonder if it really gets saved... :P

have a nice day da, talk later... cheers...

January 10, 2009 at 8:13 AM  

oh..i missed yr BDay..Happy Birthday dear...pineapple cake..why dont u like chocolate ones..??

GOd bless Miss Diva..!!

January 10, 2009 at 7:13 PM  

hi..u got a dedication on my blog--nostalgic moments..
please come over to check it out :)
take care!

January 10, 2009 at 10:14 PM  

Hey buddy...

Belated greetings on your birth anniversary. Yeah, I can quite relate to what you are saying. Thought processes change so much with time... :) That's what makes us, *us*!

Peace. Be well.

January 10, 2009 at 11:29 PM  

Life is a surprise.
Happy Birthday !

January 11, 2009 at 7:25 PM  

for my defense i did not know it was ur bday so late but still wishin u an happy bday! Trust me at some point in ur life u will wish people to forget ur bday since it will remind u that u re getting older and older and older. For whatever i m gonna turn pretty my .... sadly last 20+ bday, it kind of hit me in the face! Soon i ll be outside the 20nies people ;( no i won t be too sad if people forget my bday this year :)
tc
C.

January 11, 2009 at 11:51 PM  

I am sowwie! :(
I knw I'm one big ass to think that your b'day is on 26th instead of 16th..but in that case..you should gimme a call and scold me tight :P..
And my pyaala baby..friends do forget..lekin cards et al and always "the things" which show affection..its a deeper feeling inside! :)

Muah

January 12, 2009 at 7:20 PM  

nopes in Noida!!! same thing!!!..16 Dec on my calendar marked... :P

January 13, 2009 at 1:17 PM  

Hi, belated Happy B'day :). I can understand very well. Same thing happned to me also. Most of my friend forget my B'day and they dint wish me B'day..We are in same boat..hhahah chill...

Cheers
Sandy

January 14, 2009 at 4:53 PM  

same pinch..
even my best friends forgot my birthday this time.

January 14, 2009 at 10:05 PM  

i know everything in this post
toh kya comment karu :P

January 15, 2009 at 1:02 PM  

bot bot badhaeeyaan hon ji...

b'day ki bhi and aise achche doston ki bhi

January 15, 2009 at 1:40 PM  

I am so so so late in reading this post... i'm really *very* sorry... been busy blah blah i know you'll find them as stupid excuses :(

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY to you dear :)
As for what you told us in the post, funny thing is, i experienced the same on my b'day this year... i had a little tear in my eye when my closest cousin in the whole family didnt wish me... but hey... who cares if she doesn't?? that's the only way not to be sad!

many happy returns of the day!

January 15, 2009 at 11:55 PM  

Belated Happy B'day to u,, heart n soul.. :-)
One thing if i do right is to make sure my friends don't miss my bday,, for watever lame reasons.. :-)

Hope the year is full of joy n happiness.. Happy New Year as well.. :-)

January 16, 2009 at 5:11 AM  

could it also have a view?
the day?
same day... same life.. same you... just a year older?

try looking out the same window in your room? does the view remain the same? or you view what you see differently?

January 16, 2009 at 4:16 PM  

Update update :)

January 20, 2009 at 5:59 PM  

@Venky - ya man... you comin next month rite

@Peter -hehe... yes mr peter... pleasent surprises are always welcome

@Lena - i shll not forgett :D

January 21, 2009 at 1:03 PM  

@ Arv - i don mind payin the tax... but so muach plannin gos in to it... damn it

@ Deb - thnks a lot... actully i don like sweets too much...so thts y :)

@ Pri - thnks girl, will check it once m done with my blog update and comment replies

January 21, 2009 at 1:03 PM  

@Kartz - hehehe thnks... wish some change wud not be so shockin though

@Hey Hobo - long time... thnks :)

@Cess - i know u din know so its ok... in any case i was missin my best frnds wishin me and appreciating the ones who made my day
Oh and same here... can we do sumthin bout being in 20ies forever...LOL

January 21, 2009 at 1:03 PM  

@Aayushi - its ok re... got lovely wishes on 26th... so all good :)

@Akshat - Oh if u in noida thn u can surely get ur treat :)

January 21, 2009 at 1:04 PM  

@Sandy - hmmmmmmm....chill pill if u say so...LOL

@Divesh - awwwwww.... i know how it feels... but kya karein.... maybe next time

January 21, 2009 at 1:04 PM  

@Fali - ya ya ya.... :P

@Mystique - dhanywaad prabhu

January 21, 2009 at 1:04 PM  

@Sunshine - its ok... its already been a month before the post

@Muzer - good idea.... m gonna set their reminders from now on...LOL

January 21, 2009 at 1:04 PM  

@Seher - nice POV... thnks :)

@Prakhar - update posted...lol

January 21, 2009 at 1:04 PM  

All I can say is,there is always a next time :)

Love ya!Muaaah

January 22, 2009 at 8:42 PM  

Belated Happy Birthday !!!

A birthday Is just another day with a few special moments thrown in to be cherished forever :)

Keep rocking !
adisha

January 31, 2009 at 1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home