Heart'n'Soul

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Hazel Eyed Boy

In grade 7th I was still the boy hating person. I hated their guts. They were useless, too hyper and were too secretive about something that I couldn’t figure out then.
So, this hazel eyed boy with an absolutely adorable mop of curly hair would often behave too shy around me. He was apparently the cutest boy in the class.
On this one exam day, he came up to with an entire gang of guys and extends his hand to me “All the best for the exam Shaifali”. I shake his hand and say “you too” with much disinterest. Suddenly the entire gang of guys roared. I was too dumb to even get that! Ok fine, I was a geeky child.

1 year later I got to know he liked me. A lot. My then best friend had scandalized him by saying that I considered him a brother. Oh cmon! Don’t roll your eyes! We have all seen this nonsense of bhai-ship when we were kids! He apparently wrote a suicide letter too.

Not once in all this one year did I come to know. I guess the bhaiship did it for him. He now liked someone else. That kind of pinched me. Why it did was not clear to me back then. I think it was the start of “not looking at guys as dumb creatures”.

Time passed by. I found a F.L.A.M.E.S sheet in his desk one day with my name and his name on it. It had his current crush and his name too. You know what FLAME is. Oh you do you do! You have done it too. Na? Anyway, this was in 9th grade. I would get all the kick in the world to do something better than him. Heh, kiddish stuff.

By 10th grade, I had started to like him. But I was too feisty to confess it. He still liked the other chick. He left school in grade 11th.

We wrote to each other for a long time. We met once that year. He wrote me his address on a tissue paper and ran off. I still liked him.


I would often remember the time we met and smile to myself. Or well talked the first time. That was 5th grade. Some etiquette class it was; telephone etiquettes. Both me and him were called and have a conversation in front of the entire class about a program we watched. That was how we talked the first time.

Mid of grade 12th, the letters stopped coming. I kept writing. But he never replied back. I was angry. But I didn’t let it out.
I got to know in a letter he sent to me in February’2000 that he is seeing someone. He loved her. A lot. Something crashed inside me then. I met him in March’2000. He had changed drastically from what I had known him to be.
He looked consumed. His teeth yellow because of smoking.

The image crashed. I didn’t like him anymore. Not that much.

I liked him for 1 more year after that.
That hazel eyed boy

PS: this is another guest post by my best buddy I fondly call Fali. I know I know I am missing but promise to be back in just one week. PROMISE!!!

Labels: , , , , , ,

posted by Heart'n'Soul at 9:07 PM

30 Comments:

Nice pst Fali... hrd a lot bout u frm div.

It remnds me uv ma dyz ... my 1st intrst ws in class 2... and hazl eyed... wt r d chncs...LOL

Gud wrk

December 2, 2008 at 9:44 PM  

Hey Sims

Thnkoooooz...n u win the award for being the 1st one...LOL

Luv

December 2, 2008 at 9:53 PM  

Nice one,Fali.
Ugly and beautiful memories..aah..they never leave you!
Divuu..arey come back meri maa!!

December 2, 2008 at 10:24 PM  

Fali deserves a round of applause. Well written!

December 2, 2008 at 10:47 PM  

hazel eyed boys rn't dat easy 2 ignore.i had a klasmate in kindergarten who was hazel eyed.he was the klas teacher's son.wondering wats he's doin now.

December 2, 2008 at 10:58 PM  

So I got an email from this girl who was my junior in school..she said she had a huge crush on me when we were in school..and I was like..why now?

If only girls could speak their hearts out at the right time..this stupid secret admirer stuff kills you man, it kills you!!!!

*on my knees looking up in the sky with the "Why God? Why" expression on my face*

December 2, 2008 at 11:58 PM  

Fali seems to be anthr b'ful heart as u n me :-)
I have a similar (without hazel eyes) ;-) guy in my life too...he he!!!

December 3, 2008 at 2:15 AM  

wowww :)
He looked consumed. His teeth yellow because of smoking.

The image crashed. I didn’t like him anymore. Not that much.

i loved those lines..- they kinda slapped you on all that mush n puppy love- reality is really like that!

as for hazel-nut boys, i think i prefer hazelnuts to them.. ;) cos hazelnuts don't stare or make you go weak in the knees ;)

n divvvv, be backkk soon..
loveeee n hugssss

December 3, 2008 at 6:53 AM  

Puppy love and Flames .. LOL. Brought back memories :)) Though unfortunately was in an all gurls school so can't empathize but Lovely story with an actual lesson.

Kudos to Fali. Cheers

adisha

December 3, 2008 at 8:11 AM  

Thats a nice post on retro thoughts from Fali... enjoyed the read...

oh yeah, I remember that FLAME & FLAMES thingy... lol...

Have a good day Div... cheers...

December 3, 2008 at 9:59 AM  

O wow.... this post is so darn cute :)
Looking back through time, i find my school days the best... those frnds, great teachers, endless fun and first crushes :P

College, University life.. ahhh... school was the best yay yay !! :P

Thanks for this post Fali :) Loved it!

@ Heart n Soul

1) be back soon... :)
2).... it just occured to me... i dun know ur name... :/ temme na :P

tc!

December 3, 2008 at 10:25 AM  

i liked the post! its just so sweet n simple.. instantly, i cud connect to the adolescent age n its li'l whims n fancies. The FLAME game n all!! :D
good job, Fali, if you're reading this! :) And yeah, this is the thing with school crushes, right.. after more than a decade or so, when you bump into the person again, its like meeting a totally different person altogether, but we still want to hold on to that memory of innocent childhood than find that kid in the person now.

Div, girl, you are being missed. a lot. come back!!! :)

December 3, 2008 at 12:29 PM  

thanks you all :)
i am glad you liked the post!
yeah puppy love it was..
lasted like a lifetime or something!

December 3, 2008 at 12:30 PM  

ha my school like comes to an end :( And now i am left to think of all those girls i had a crush on :)

December 3, 2008 at 4:53 PM  

Crushes are healthy as long as they stay mental. They loan a lot of expectations in fantasies.

December 3, 2008 at 8:07 PM  

Yo Guys i will be back soon... trust me i am hatin not bloggin... i am hatin it cuz wt i wanna post is unfinished and tht i miss u all... but just one more week

And for this post - well Fali is one of the few people i know who blog n write well too.... unlike me who just blog....LOL

So much to those wonder years... aint it?

December 3, 2008 at 9:29 PM  

@ Divkiran
My god for a moment I thought your name is Shefali and i was mistaken all these days ..how ridiculous & dumb can i be at times :O

@ shefali
this one is a cute(tho i dun use this wrd much ) post ..and for sure reminded me of my skool days too :)
those vibes are still alive and vil remain forever i guess :D

December 4, 2008 at 5:56 AM  

Great post.. got me back to my school days.. pretty simple yet so influencing
Hmmm? I prefer to read it as a real incident. Is it real or just a story?
:)

December 4, 2008 at 10:18 PM  

it is real! absolutely!

December 4, 2008 at 11:30 PM  

gone throught the same thing.. felt like de ja vu for me... loved it...

December 5, 2008 at 5:00 PM  

Hmmm... Niiice. :)

Hope to see you around soon!

Peace.

December 5, 2008 at 8:14 PM  

@Fali
Lovely. reminiscence..waiting 4 ur post soon...

December 5, 2008 at 9:29 PM  

Read somewhere :
If you like/love someone say him/her.

December 6, 2008 at 1:29 PM  

Ok lemme first get this straight...this is heart and souls blog(what is your real name by the way??)...and someone named Shefali...or Fali is writing in it!!....kinda weird!!:P

Ok now at the post!!...sweet cute...i cannot say that it reminds me of my school days..cause i am still in school!!:P..and my puppy loves are not over!!!

P.S.Liked your blog a lot!!>..c ya soon!!

December 6, 2008 at 11:57 PM  

@ Fali:
that was so cute ... i totally loved ot, great writing style!:)

@Divkiran:

be back soon, busy girl :x
and take good care :)

December 7, 2008 at 3:28 AM  

Hey all

thnks for an awesome response to both my guest posts!!! really thnks a lot

And for all my dear friends... I AM BACK... yayeeeeee!!!

Luv
D

December 7, 2008 at 10:51 PM  

Lol!That was cute :)

I so remember those Flames days,makes me feel so dumb now! :P

December 13, 2008 at 12:55 AM  

A small sweet story.. loved it..!!

December 13, 2008 at 9:46 AM  

really a nice story :)

February 2, 2009 at 3:07 PM  

Atleast with the crashing image it was easier to forget...


Read poems

March 27, 2009 at 1:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home