Heart'n'Soul

Friday, August 6, 2010

Thunder From Down Under - II

Hellos again... still from Colombo - And I cant help but mention that its still the thunder from down under.... sorry but really cant help!!!

Anyway, it’s been 3 weeks almost here and I have made some little progress in adjusting to the day to day activities and the social life here. It obviously can’t be the same as Delhi but its better here now w.r.t the initial week.

But I still do miss Mom, Dad, Chan, Abhi, Priyanka and Shombe a lot. Especially cuz I had spent so much time with all of them just before coming here. Was pretty much with them 24 hrs or so given my health issue. And now I haven’t even seen them in 3 weeks. Doesn’t feel right AT ALL!

It feels so funnily weird... like Shombe got full marks in his test and I should be giving him chocolates. We discussed it - thanks to the mobile - but I can’t do it like rite now. I wanna give him a huge hug (which he wud run away from making a face) and tell him how happy and proud I am! And I wish you were around - I miss our "watch a kiddies movie, eat at McDs and play at amoeba" outings. I miss being a kid cuz I can do that only with you.

Then here, I have to get up real early most mornings to make myself breakfast cuz I need to take the meds. And I can’t help but think that mom used to do that for me every single day. And not just this, when I was unwell she wud make special food and feed me too. She would prepare juice, khichdi and be ready with my meds on time. I feel so useless without her. A mother's love is really precious. Sometimes I would get all irritated and over burdened by her care but now... without her, I feel so unloved and uncared for. Like no one cares enough. She calls everyday and knows stuff even before I say anything. The day I went to the doc here for general consultation on my cough, she sent me a message saying hope u r fine and don’t have fever. I was amazed... totally surprised, rather shocked to see the sms. I mean, how did SHE know???? I think there's just something special about these people we call Mother.... Miss u mom, and love u so very much, wish u cud read this.

Dad - love u equally and miss you equally... life wudnt be even half as much fun and positive if you weren’t you... I miss your pranks, leg pulling, the fights for the TV couch, and especially your optimistic attitude. I guess I get my positivity from you... actually I am sure! On most days I would find those things irritating but that’s just cuz its fun to be bullied by you like a big brother and then try snatching the remote from you or sitting in your chair when u get up and then fight about that too. Totally love you :) MUAH

From here, I can’t see and admire Priyanka's new phone - BB Curve. This comes with a wink especially for Priyanka!!! No Chinese dinners, no soups floating in front of our eyes, no shopping at GIP - NOT EVEN WINDOW SHOPPING :( - and no movies... the girl talk we still manage :) I miss her chocolate shake so much!!! And the daily dose of - "you better sleep on time" ....lolz

And Abhi... well he’s busy at the client site too - so we hardly get to talk... not like he talked much anyways, but it used to be good enough to see his face like 2-3 times a week and bug him with my leg pulling.... and him getting back at me for that not instantly but some time later.... Abhi, this is probably one of the very few times that you will catch me saying this so be happy that I am accepting publically that you are not such a bad guy - lol. You are queer but yet so lovable!

I miss Chan, Sud and Fali too... but I guess not as much as others cuz we were mostly in touch thru the phone and email, and that we still are. Only fali and me both have more work these days so when I call she’s busy and when she calls I am busy... just bad timing I guess!

Someone asked me how am I such a friendly and loving person... while typing this today, it struck me - its cuz I have so much love around me, its flowing into my life with each of these people in their unique way. Thanks and Love you all!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

posted by Heart'n'Soul at 12:53 PM

6 Comments:

hm.............
ur blog posts are super and cool.....
i wud like to contact u ?
get me through my blog
www.iamjishnu.blogspot.com's full profile

August 6, 2010 at 5:39 PM  

lalalala
tujhko milnay ka dil karta hai re baba tujhse milnay ko dil karta haiii

August 8, 2010 at 10:40 PM  

http://www.afterlifecatalog.com/goodperson/

August 9, 2010 at 12:53 AM  

This is such an incredibly sweet post :) How long you in Lanka for?
Lol@ Fali's comment!

August 12, 2010 at 2:23 PM  

m here for a while sheetu - atleast till mid september... and maybe more.

and you are still as filmi as ever to like fali's comment... hehehe

shall write to u soon... hope all is going GR8 :)

August 12, 2010 at 2:31 PM  

Baap re , Devil in Colombo! :o :o :o

Anyways. Take care and Jaldi hi theek ho jao.

Chance mile to IPKF soldiers memorial dekne jana aur meri taraf se bhi salute mar aana.

:)

August 29, 2010 at 7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home