Heart'n'Soul

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Learning to Learn

Life chooses its course without asking us. The best we can do is move with it instead of trying to run in the opposite direction and hence make the most of it. Now Now - I'm not being preachy. Most of the times, even I cant do it. And in all honesty, acceptance is the worst of my capabilities and hence, so is letting go.

But at the same time, I can also assure that acceptance is in fact a rare treat you can give yourself, because unless n until we accept things as they are, we will not be able to make the right decisions in life. And more so, we will be responsible for hurting ourselves and making our own life miserable. And if you doubt it, I have a PhD in it - so might as well take my words for it.

Intent and will - is all that we need and all that is toughest to implement. And in case one of you has it in abundance, kindly pass it on to me, hehehe!


The trick is, to see things as they are and not with the highly optimistic rose tinted glasses or for that matter not even the highly pessimistic all black glasses. The trick is to ACCEPT - accept that we can only be in control of ourselves and not others. And it’s tougher than climbing the Everest for sure cuz our very own heart and emotions, weaken us every moment every day. Our ego fights, our brain fights, our heart fights... I - ME - MYSELF....

But the truth is the truth. Nothing can change it so why not just accept it as it is. Definitely saves a lot of time and makes life a lot easier and a lot happier. Why? You ask... cuz when you know you can’t change something, then you make peace with it and move on to the next step - deciding what to do next.

And in any case, why should one traumatize oneself... there are always better things in life waiting for us then sulking and feeling bad about things that we cant control... cuz there are things that we CAN control and that CAN make us happy. And most of all, the one thing that we can be in total control of, is our own self. Well, almost!!

If you would have asked me about a few months back, I wouldn’t have agreed or recommended this - but speaking out of my own experience and realization in life today- the power to make me happy, resides right inside me. And so does the power to make my life hell for no good reason.

It doesn’t feel good all the time, but it’s surely better than feeling sad all the time. There are still times when I sulk; when I want things my way and feel bad cuz I can’t have them. But it’s not a constant anymore. Cuz I am on my way to realizing, that truth is what it is... and noting we do can change it. We can only distort its meaning when we view it from different perspectives and live in an illusion - but the truth itself, doesn’t change.

The only person we can change is our self... the only thing we can control is our feelings and thoughts... the ONLY thing. And so, the only effort we should put in is making our self happy - whatever it takes. Even if it means unlearning what we have followed religiously all our life and learning something totally new and overcoming our deepest fears.

I have LEARNT the hard way, but I HAVE learnt that learning is not really changing… its just upgrading… becoming better for ones own self.

I'm learning to learn... and hopefully this will be another exam in my life that I will pass with flying colors. And once I am done, I would have learnt to value myself and my will more than just about anybody… I would have learnt to let go…

I really wish that I would have learnt finally….


And forget not that the earth delights to feel my feet - bare
And the winds long to play with my hair!!!

*** The quote above is adapted from Khalil Gibran

posted by Heart'n'Soul at 10:52 AM

26 Comments:

OMG, d babz bak

muah muah muah....

n bout d pst, i wsh u wud hv fnally lrnt 2

hugz
Simi

March 18, 2009 at 11:08 AM  

Sims... u win again ... the queen of first comments.... you have no other work to do or what???

Thnks girl :-)

March 18, 2009 at 11:11 AM  

Loving ourselves to be honest towards ourselves "The Best" to happen. When we are honest towards ourselves we accept what we are and try to be better always.
Easy to preach I know but tough to implement. I am learning too.
Goodluck !

March 18, 2009 at 12:34 PM  

The biggest thing we havta learn is that, we don't have a remote control to life, and everything and anything is in store for us, and hence we should be prepared.
you expressed it beautifully! Good luck with this learning experience called life.. =)

March 18, 2009 at 1:08 PM  

somehow... this post makes me feel so happy... you know why :)

take care da... (((hugs)))

Have a nice day... cheers...

March 18, 2009 at 2:03 PM  

@Hobo - ya true... implementatin is always the toughest of it all

@Crystal - thnks kid... muah

@Arv - i know wt u mean Arv, thnks a lot

March 18, 2009 at 3:12 PM  

Life happens, when we let it happen! :)

you go, girl!!

March 18, 2009 at 4:24 PM  

Life is what happens to us, while we are busy making our own plans :)

It's difficult to accept but only when we realize that it's Us and only us who can change anything and live it totally will we be able to enjoy any part of it !!

cheers ! Welcome back

adisha

March 18, 2009 at 5:51 PM  

hmmmmm

I have a doubt, can u Unlearn forcefully. or be happy forcefully? things you are saying might be perfectly correct, still making yourself realize something forcefully is compromise.. and atleast I am not ready to compromise, m not ready at this moment, God knows what will happen in future!!!

March 18, 2009 at 7:37 PM  

Aayushi spoke my mind... As they say, prepare for the best to tackle the worst.

So good to read you again! Welcome back! :)

Peace. Be well.

March 18, 2009 at 8:03 PM  

too much gyaan!!! jai maa divkiran ji ki :)

March 18, 2009 at 8:22 PM  

Learning is a never ending process just like waiting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

March 18, 2009 at 9:52 PM  

I second mayz's opinion.
:D

March 19, 2009 at 4:27 AM  

Eloquently expressed...!! Its the truth of life...its the peace of life. Thank you posting such a deep meaning of self-realization.It indeed made my day!!

March 19, 2009 at 4:42 AM  

I completely agree.Acceptance is the best way to keep life simple.And thinking a lot just complicates it.

March 19, 2009 at 6:23 AM  

Its good to have you back babes :) ..

Yeah i totally agree... Its better to accept, try n be happy and live life as it comes then repent over the unchangeable stuff :) ..

Keep smiling and take care girl...

March 19, 2009 at 3:30 PM  

welcome back gal!! we always learn the hard way, cos until we learn to accept, we sure don't gain the gyaan in that!!

March 20, 2009 at 11:30 AM  

Welcome back dee dee..:)
Wel..u r rght..
"Knowing" the truths of life and "accepting" them are two entirely different thngs..And the ones who learn to do that live a simpler life..
But as they say it..Learning is a Constant process..
So, keep learning and keep living..
We all do the same..

*hugs*

March 20, 2009 at 3:21 PM  

Exactly DK

Exactly! It’s always better to ACCEPT the TRUTH and LOOKING for the GOOD than AVOIDING the TRUTH and PRAYING for the GOOD.

Go girl go!

March 21, 2009 at 2:27 PM  

i believe in all of what you've said... and like someone's commented the truth lies in implementation.. because the solutions are all there provided we take to them,,,

March 21, 2009 at 11:33 PM  

An award is waiting for you in my blog:) Congrats!

March 22, 2009 at 7:30 AM  

You learn things till your last breath.Enjoying life inspite of all odds is something which not much people know.
Nice post

Salil
http://views-point.blogspot.com

March 24, 2009 at 1:42 AM  

Hi, that actually a very warm post that deals with reality of life, rather gives us a reality check..


Poetry

March 27, 2009 at 1:35 AM  

Thought provoking post. Came thro my Google reader reccommond. Good that I landed here. All the very best. Pouring in your thoughts girl

March 28, 2009 at 4:30 PM  

Divi di...I read through this post...and instead of the usual, may I say something else??

I just wanna tell u something.... something that popped into my young mind....just hope u don't mind

Jab mein aapse milli (I mean virtually) tab it was like I found a real sweet loving sis....then I loved it :) And so I do now....i love ur blog, nd the person I've discovered in u! But there's a difference....instead of u seeing me mature( as elders often see n tell the younger ones) I see it in u...di....do one thing....go back nd read all ur posts...from beginning to end...please...n u'll see !!! U've grown much more philosophical and older...engrossed in wrok and life (unlike the cool bindaas dilli wala attitude earlier) and much much more.....LADY-LIKE!!
but of corse all through the way, there were sprinkles of good old sweet cute girlish posts too!

But I love the way whatever u r....it's ur originality I love.....nd the way u teach me....

Love u!!

Muaaaahhh

March 30, 2009 at 3:42 PM  

i would like to be able to accept the reality but what should i do with my hope that reality can change then?

I know what you mean with this post and agree with each word ... i could have written the exact same post.. just sometimes i so want to let go of reality and live the fairytale instead **i know i know... not possible... but me learning to learn :)**

March 31, 2009 at 2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home