Heart'n'Soul

Monday, July 28, 2008

Sing Along :-)

Like I promised...here's the list of songs that I really really love and can listen to again and again and again

Awaarapan - Jism
Kuch is tarah - Aatif
Tera Mera Rishta - Aawarapan
Nothing else matters - Metallica
Hanging by a moment - Lifehouse
Everything I do - Bryan Adams
Everlong - Foofighters
Don't wanna miss a thing - Areosmith
It must have been love - Roxette
In the end - Linkin Park
Maa - TZP
Ab na ja - Euphoria
25 minutes - MLTR
Iris - Goo Goo Dolls
Wo kagaz ki kashti, Shaam se aankh mein, Main bhool jaon tumhein and woh khat ke purze - Jagjit Singh
Tum gaye - Machis
Pyar ke pal - KK

Most of the songs that I like and have mentioned here are close to my heart cuz of a reason...like “Pyar ke pal” by KK is a song I dedicated to my college team along with a small presentation. Each one of us cries every time we look at that small clip...here is the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_B8pN9VIOI

Then there is “Everything I do” by Bryan Adams, I know its one song that everyone has heard a lot of times n is probably comparable to a cliché but this ones very close to my heart cuz this was my first valentines day romantic dance.

“Hanging by a moment” by Lifehouse is the only song someone dedicated to me. I did not even know about it till then and now I can hear it as many times as possible.

The song Aawarapan from the movie Jism is one of those songs that does something to me…I don know what…I can hear it over and over and still not get bored. It’s just so calm….a little depressing too but still…it’s got such a haunting melody

And then there is MAA from TZP. One of the most beautiful compositions I have ever heard in my life. Every word, every note in that song just simply moves me…would cry every time I heard it initially…now I just enjoy it, think of my mom and smile.

These are like the top of the list...there are many more, like a lot of you who dropped in Thanks to all of you for sharing your choices and insights.

Labels: , , ,

posted by Heart'n'Soul at 3:59 PM

38 Comments:

What a musical start of week!

Everything I Do,Don't Wanna Miss A Thing,It Must Have Been Love,Maa,25 Minutes,Iris and Pal are some evergreen favs of mine too :)

Lovely list dear!Hugsss

July 28, 2008 at 4:21 PM  

@ Sameera- Thnk u again :)
and i hrd the song u were referin to...it is indeed good...and u seem to have changed ur pic....this one makes u look like a cute small kid :)

hugs n muaz

July 28, 2008 at 4:29 PM  

hey sum of ur fav r ma fav's too.

July 28, 2008 at 4:30 PM  

those I know are wonderful: Everything I Do, Don't Wanna Miss A Thing, It Must Have Been Love, 25 Minutes, Nothing else matters... me not good with hindi songs there but i am sure they are lovely as well :)

July 28, 2008 at 4:30 PM  

@Priya...i guess sme songs have a univrsal appeal...cud be lyrics, the melody or the whole package :)

July 28, 2008 at 4:35 PM  

@Lena...like i said, some songs have a universal appeal

Hindi, urdu and punjabi...lol...but i guess music dosn know the language barrier so i m sure if u listen to some of thm u will like em :)

July 28, 2008 at 4:37 PM  

I knew you would like it :)

He he thanks dear!Muaaah

July 28, 2008 at 4:46 PM  

tum aaye to aaya mujhe yaad...
gali mein aaj chand nikla...
:)

July 28, 2008 at 4:50 PM  

@Hobo....seems like u r really singin along... i love both the songs u singin though :)

July 28, 2008 at 4:55 PM  

By like it,I meant the song :P

Wow!Love the song which Hobo is singing :)

July 28, 2008 at 5:08 PM  

@Sam - iknow wt u meant...lol...u crackin me up now

July 28, 2008 at 5:14 PM  

Lol!I am in a cracking mood I guess ;)

You ain't the silent beauty for me anymore,but a musical beauty :P

July 28, 2008 at 5:24 PM  

@Sam - OMG...musical beauty, frnds who know me will die laughin...thwy neways keep laugin on the silent beauty title...I am neither silent nor musical...lol

July 28, 2008 at 7:33 PM  

Oye!! you forgott BAs Inside Out
How dare you?

Simi

July 28, 2008 at 7:34 PM  

Simi darling...thnkoooo....it did skip my mind...reminds me of the best of me casette...wt fun it was ya!!!

July 28, 2008 at 7:34 PM  

bade achche lagte hai...
yeh darti..yeh nadiya...yeh raina..
aur ?
aur ....tum

July 28, 2008 at 7:45 PM  

@Hobo - seems like u r a big kishore fan haan?

July 28, 2008 at 7:47 PM  

Well, rest of the bests apart, I somehow find " Must have been love " too piercing.Somehow it just strikes chord whenever I get to hear it

July 28, 2008 at 8:16 PM  

@Mishra - i simply love tht song, "Piercing" is the rite word :)

July 28, 2008 at 8:20 PM  

woah, the list comprises some of my damn fav numbers too... amazin ones indeed...

thnx for droppin by!

July 28, 2008 at 9:32 PM  

Mmm, I need to try these songs, I think, I'll download it all[those which I am yet to listen] on coming sunday and'll let you know how I felt :)

July 28, 2008 at 10:02 PM  

I love all these. :) I am one helluva music lover irrespective of what the language is. Btw, I havn't heard this Tum gaye from Machis. I shall :)


Nice blog!

July 29, 2008 at 2:32 AM  

Some great numbers listed there!

Metallica is one of my fav bands. :)


I like the Hindi song Jaadu Hai Nasha from Jism.


Keshi.

July 29, 2008 at 9:38 AM  

@sinner - thnks to u too :)

@Aneesh - yeah kool...lemmeknow for sure

@ Sachi - thnks for droppin by...tum gaye is a late mangeshkar slow no...try it

@Keshi - yeah girl...metallica sure rocks...actully jism songs r all good but its like pickin the fav out of the best :)

July 29, 2008 at 3:16 PM  

isnt it amazing what songs do to you??:)

Scribblers Inc.

July 29, 2008 at 4:02 PM  

@Scribbler...thts so true...songs can pretty much make u feel all the emotions in our spectrum

July 29, 2008 at 4:04 PM  

Hi ,

I was reading ur blog posts and found some of them to be wow.. u write well.. Why don't you popularize it more.. ur posts on ur blog ‘Heart'n'Soul’ took my particular attention as some of them are interesting topics of mine too;

BTW I help out some ex-IIMA guys who with another batch mate run www.rambhai.com where you can post links to your most loved blog-posts. Rambhai was the chaiwala at IIMA and it is a site where users can themselves share links to blog posts etc and other can find and vote on them. The best make it to the homepage!

This way you can reach out to rambhai readers some of whom could become your ardent fans.. who knows.. :)

Cheers,

July 29, 2008 at 4:58 PM  

Awaarapan is a lil 'Haunting', its more lik a silent-song ... I luv it too :)

#blogrollin U !!!

July 29, 2008 at 7:29 PM  

@thnks Ray....shall try it out :)

@ Debashish...thnk u thnku...n if i had to pick one song out of all, i will pick Awarapan...it just makes me feel so me...so humane

July 29, 2008 at 11:32 PM  

late or lata??
btw blogrolled u 2 :)

July 30, 2008 at 12:32 AM  

@Sachi...LOl..Lata ofcourse....silly me!!!

N thnk u :)

July 30, 2008 at 12:34 AM  

I see similarities with my list! Not the one I mentioned but the long list of never ending songs that I always listen to! Music makes my world go round! :)

July 30, 2008 at 3:09 AM  

thats a nice post, would continue on my blog from where you have left.check it out when you have time :)

July 30, 2008 at 10:30 AM  

@Ani....cute pic madam...

@Rajtilak...thnks for droppin by, shall droppin asap :)

July 30, 2008 at 11:08 AM  

beautiful compilation :)
many of my favs r in there too..

btw, that 'tera mera rishta' is some song which kinda keeps running in a loop at the back of my head everytime i listen to it.. or rather even by reading its title, as i just realised! :D

July 30, 2008 at 6:53 PM  

@Usha - same here...i hsv no wrds to describe how it makes me feel

July 30, 2008 at 9:33 PM  

Gracias! :)

I made mom cut my hair this time around! This pic is the result of mom with a pair of shears in her hand! :D

July 31, 2008 at 3:51 AM  

ooooo......is list ke kuch gaane toh maine sune bhi nahi LOL!

Ab kya kahoon xcpt itna sureela bhi mat baniye di....kaan phat jaayenge yaar.....BTW, do u sing?? or a bathroom singer like em?? LOL!

August 5, 2008 at 4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home