Heart'n'Soul

Friday, July 11, 2008

JAANE TU YA JAANE NA

Saw the movie last Friday and wanted to put this up immediately…but well, I am too lazy to do anything on a weekend and on Monday I totally forgot about it… One of my friends at work saw it yesterday and was talking about it in the office and thats when I remembered I had to put this up.

OK... to start with, this is a trademark Aamir Khan movie which not just promised but delivered quality and freshness...wow!!!! Its a typical love story and still nothing typical about it.

Imraan Khan is just sooooooo cute and good looking....he looks like a Hollywood actor, reminded me of Collin Farrell for some reason!!! There have been many debuts, some flops, some hits....some over hyped some even go unnoticed...but this one is simply brilliant...first movie and Imraan has not made even a single mistake...AWESOME is not the word!!!

Any way he is named Jai in this movie, nick named Rats. His best friend is Aditi aka Meow...Genelia - by the way, I din like the way she delivered her role and the way she talked ...maybe its just me, maybe she was asked to do it...hvnt seen any of her other movies so will drop this topic rite here.

The one thing I loved about the movie is the fact that there is no hoopla around introducing the main characters; they just flow in with the story…no boom bang n crash, no multiple angles and zoom in shots…its all so natural!

All other supporting characters have delivered there parts brilliantly... nothing is over done and the movie has been executed exactly as it shud have been…like they say - Just what the doctor ordered. (A guy just passed by me and was smelling his arm pits.....eeeeewwww!!! LOSER)

Ok back to the movie...the dialogues are witty and HILLLLLLarious. And its all clean fun....no useless double meaning jokes or cheap scenes. Its a lovely movie...a cute love story without being sappy and corny!!! Thts a great achievement I must say.

Frankly, I have never seen a love story being treated so well. Its very very fresh and endearingly cute. LOL.

Oh!!! And how can I forget the SURPRISE packages - Naseerudin Shah and Paresh Rawal...Mind Blowing I say!!! You got to see it to know what I am talking about. Both of them are incredible in the execution of their very small but extremely significant roles. Every time they came on screen, I almost fell out of my chair…laughed so hard that my mouth was hurting. Damn!!!

And what do I say bout the music....hmmmm....do I actually need to say nethn bout it??? Ok I will. Its perfect for the movie, and is NOT the typical A. R. Rehman music. Actually I love all the songs. But despite the fact that “Pappu cant dance saala” and “Kabhi Kabhi” are topping the charts, I personally find "Nazarein milana" the best.

Here are some of my favorite moments from the movie [by the way you will find such fantastic moments in abundance in the movie] which made me fall in love with the movie and well Imraan Khan too...Sigh!!! I wish I was younger or he was older...hi hi hi!!! Ok here we go -
Aditi’s parents and Jai’s discussion {must have seen parts of it in the movie trailer}
“On the phone beta” - Oh I forgot to mention that Ratna pathak shah has also done a great job as Jai's mother...like I said, all characters are Just Perfect!
Jiggy the piggy and Rotlu’s love stories!!!
The brother-sister conversation between Aditi and Amit when Amit takes her to his room - so so so touching and warm
The conversation between Jai’s mom n dad...especially the end when the mom leaves and the dad keeps shouting from the frame!!! eeehiiihahahaha :D
Tera Mujhse hai phale ka nata koi… Yun hi nahi dil lubhata koi…Jane tu…ya jane na…LOL!!!

Cant understand na? Well then GO WATCH IT!!! Sachhi mein, its worth every penny.

And ya ya ya...I know most people are saying that the end could have been better and not so typical n etc etc etc...but blah!! I loved it...the whole pt of the movie is that its not sumthn totally different but at the same time its the treatment of the story, the direction, the dialogues that makes it so different...it IS a love story and it IS between 2 young people and so it has to end like one...rite?

Any way, my verdict is that its a story about love and friendship that makes you smile through out the length of the movie and laugh a lot too. Immensely enjoyable and highly entertaining, a movie you must not miss!!!
posted by Heart'n'Soul at 11:58 AM

27 Comments:

I wanna see it,I so wanna see it!!!

Nice review there girl! :)

July 11, 2008 at 2:21 PM  

Fine movie to watch.I m totally shocked to see Imran who delivers a dazzling performance in this movie which i didn't expect.

July 11, 2008 at 3:27 PM  

@Sameera...thnku thnk u thnku....i talk a lot bout movies but finally decided to put it up...encouragin wrds ke liye thnku again :)

and its a good movie, you must watch for sure


@crazy on bollywood - u r the 1st person who din expect Imraan to deliver....I expected it, but he exceeds expectation....so much tht m in love with him...lol

True, fine movie

July 11, 2008 at 4:33 PM  

Divi di!!! Watched the mopvie last friday...morning show,...me and frnds bunked school...LOL!...ok...ok...aftr telling mom and dad...cool?
Yea...so mvoie...frankly...I wanted to watch Harman- Love Story 2050 but frnds insisted on JTYJN so watched it...wasn't hvng much expectations as my heart was stuck on Harman...jst next hall LOL!>> u knw...he';s so cute and dances well....initially...in the promos I did not like Imraan btter than Harman so....ANyways, after 3 hrs of the movie I realised Imraan is actually so cuteeeeee....:P

Movie was great....much bttr than expected....no unique storyline but the way it's presented and directed is awesome...yea...a wrd of little low caliber, I knw!! Lovely muxic....same pinch....my fav. is also Nazrein Milana....loved all humorous scenes....Aditi and Amit....quiet touching...did not like Genelia vry much...anyways...who was looking at her na?? LOL!

Nice review...and sorry for hogging up so much of ur comment space...u knw I blabber a lot... LOL!

July 11, 2008 at 8:34 PM  

even i loved the concept of d movie.nice one

July 11, 2008 at 9:59 PM  

Meghna - you are welcome sweetie....take as much space as u want :) lol

and well yeah harman is good but he reminds me of hrithik...and yes he dances well too...but again, since his suno na suno no has similar choreo to hrithiks break dancin style, i keep goin back to Hrithik!!!

Thng bout Imraan is tht he also has a very freash face...so thts y

July 11, 2008 at 11:03 PM  

@Crazy Lazy----welcome n thnks frr droppin by :)

July 11, 2008 at 11:04 PM  

Baap re...bahot vela time hai tere paas..

July 12, 2008 at 12:56 AM  

I'm going for the movie today!! :)

Come visit my blog sometime! :)
Cheers. ^_^

July 12, 2008 at 3:52 AM  

@Venkat....aap ke naksh kadmon pe chalne ke liye ab time to pass karna hi padega...lol

@Anindita...go for it girl, its a good movie...and I am readin ur blog immediately aftr ths...thnks for droppin by

July 12, 2008 at 1:00 PM  

Heyy Div!
JTYJN..
I dunno,but I am hopeless when it comes to relations or films related to topics of the sort (love)
For me,I'd prefer Sarkar Raj or Godfather to Titanic or some other random love flick..:D
Weird,I know...but still! ;)
do drop by my blog soon!

July 13, 2008 at 10:59 AM  

I saw it! I saw it! I saw it!!

*jumps up and down like a crazed baboon*

And I loved it! It is such a cute flick!! And my favourite character is Jignesh!! :P

Also Amit! :)

July 13, 2008 at 4:52 PM  

are u referring to genelia's high pitched voice...cause she has that in every movie of hers..even in telegu ones.... but is cute..but sutimes..its like she is TOOO girly

July 14, 2008 at 3:53 AM  

Must be something great to watch then :) tnxx, will try n catch it soon.

Come n check out my shoe frenzy!

Keshi.

July 14, 2008 at 6:07 AM  

Hey Aayushi...its ok, i don watch too many romantic movies too but for some reason i loved this one....n m guessin it was Imraan Khan...lol

July 14, 2008 at 3:25 PM  

Anindita....lol
I was jumping too after watchin it...

Oh yeah Jiggy the Piggy was shooooo cute... :)

July 14, 2008 at 3:27 PM  

I dunno Vishal...it was evrythn, the way she was delivering her dialogue was ewwww...it was like it was like as if she was tryin to contol her drool....i jst din like it

July 14, 2008 at 3:28 PM  

Keshi not fair ya....mynext blog idea was bout shooooooeeeeessss..... u stole it man!!!

Lol

July 14, 2008 at 3:29 PM  

ah, there you go! another green card for the movie. I have this habit of going for movies only when I feel I've got the right dose of go aheads for it. mostly. seems like I should go watch it soon sometime!

July 14, 2008 at 3:45 PM  

@Usha...yes please do
u may not love it but u will not dislike it for sure

July 14, 2008 at 4:15 PM  

@ Divi di- Nope di....maybe it was a rumour on the net but I read the cast was shooting fr a movie and then now, it got canceled LOL!

July 14, 2008 at 4:21 PM  

@ Meghna...yes it was a rumor

I read the casts interview, n they said nthn in wings as of now...

I just solove all of thm :)

July 14, 2008 at 4:27 PM  

Alrite.
It was an ok type movies, saw it last nite.Nothing over the bored.
I mean 2050 had to worst than that.
Just couple of questions remained in my mind.
1.What were those guys studying?
2.Can I too go to the US without having my graduation result/degree in hand?(if u havent notice, there is nothing of result in the movie, which us all India pray for)

July 14, 2008 at 4:46 PM  

@Tarun: ok one more person who din like it...lol...had a tiff with a frnd over the same thn just yesterday...but good pointers man

True...result is soooooooooooooooooo bleeedyyy imprtnt...how can thy miss it

And well i guess it dosn mttr wt thy were studyin so tht thng i din care about...

thnks for droppin by :)

July 14, 2008 at 5:24 PM  

nice review there!! me liked the movie a lot too.. n the resemblemce with Colin Farell.. hmmm..m aybe both o them have the same thick eyebrows??!! :)

July 16, 2008 at 12:44 PM  

@Arun....hmmm, the eyebrows, well nvr tht bout it..maybe :)...lol

Thnks again and i like gettin comments whr ppl say they liked the movie, especially guys...lol

July 16, 2008 at 1:01 PM  

Sahi kaha tune. Worth every penny. Mazaa aa gaya!!

July 19, 2008 at 2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home