Heart'n'Soul

Monday, June 2, 2008

Learning to Manage

Here I am... a new joineee sitting in a well known and well reputed corporate's plush five star office, waiting for my project to begin. Every one has already started working… the company is great…the work seems great…but just my luck that I am the only one whose project has not begun.

You think I have nothing to do…think again… I have the most precious commodity EVER to manage and that too in abundance. And I am proud to say that I am doing a great job of practicing the art of TIME [PASS] MANAGEMENT (popularly known as wellapanti or lukhagiri). Becoming better by the day.

Are you laughing??? Don’t... it’s not funny. It’s in fact one of the toughest task to accomplish before a person gives in to boredom and the feeling of utter uselessness. Did you know, it can wear you out more than an hour long workout at the gym...no? Well try it out. And in the meanwhile, here are some facts about my current favorite subject

The Challenge: Survival...every day of the week without falling asleep, wandering off the office premises or looking like you’ve just been hit by a truck but you forgot to notice

Resources available: A Laptop on which only Gmail works, a cell phone and the most important - a Coffee Machine (Time to show off – ahem ahem ahem - my office has a cafe coffee day machine so latte all the way all day, frothy n yummy - accompanied by a huge jar of cookies that’s always full to the brim, maybe cuz I don eat it!!! ;-p).

Constraints: no games, no data, no songs, no movie, no orkut, no facebook, no gtalk, no books (can carry yours but can’t read it in front of your boss can you?) and no one to talk to either L. You still think it’s easy??? Maybe you should consider the fact that the list above encompasses every single tool that an MBA in the making must perfect to be called a master in this subject. Imagine a camera man without his camera, a writer without his pen and a cook without a kitchen!!!

Saving Grace: BlogSpot is still available and so is power dressing.
AND yes I truly deserve it... after all, every single day I travel for 2 hours from home to office and another 2 hours back to home. Certainly NOT GOOD for any of my meticulously washed and flawlessly ironed clothes, which by the way I am very particular about and so it kills me everyday when I enter the office and look at my transformation - from no crease to crease only. By the time I reach, I feel like a drag n almost look like a drag, and there’s still no mercy...the bhoot of boredom haunts me all day.

And just after I had the longest week of my life...another one is standing on my door promising to be even longer. What do I have to say???

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......... [Like a friend of mine would say every time he has nothing to say]
posted by Heart'n'Soul at 4:21 PM

15 Comments:

You lucky bum...cafe coffee day hai to kya gam hai???

Reminds me of my induction days waise, woh bhi ek time tha. Nice to know that you are liking your company, ur blessed ke tereko achhi company mili hai, laptop mila hai...gmail bhi mila hai...meri soch, kuch nahin mila hai...Best of luck and hope your project starts soon. Woh aur baat hai ki kaam shuru hogaya to break ke liye tarsegi tu

And I can see your typical sarcasm in the post... zyada liberally use mat karna warna project shuru hoga hi nahin ;-p

Love
Simran

June 2, 2008 at 5:02 PM  

Thnks for the instant post Simi...muah

N yeah i know the company is good, I am just restless n u know tht

Kaaa?

Lol

June 2, 2008 at 5:03 PM  

Looks like you are having the time of your life...lol!

lage raho :D

June 3, 2008 at 2:18 AM  

@ Venky

Kaam to aapke paas bhi nahin hai...tabhi u laughin at my cost ;p

Kuch tips dedo, ab tak to time pass master ho gaye honge :p :p :P

June 3, 2008 at 11:34 AM  

by ne chance that "Hmmmmm" referred to me ?

if so h rude !!!

Sandy Oberoi

June 3, 2008 at 11:35 AM  

no it did not
waise mein bhool gayi thi ke tu bi hmmmm bahut karta hai
;-P

June 3, 2008 at 11:37 AM  

Come on its not that bad. One can live with it until and unless they promise a nice salary. Am sure they do ( the-five-star-office thing ). However, if you ask me- I would die in a place like this where there are so many restrictions ( a perfect paradox to my views above )

June 3, 2008 at 6:44 PM  

Well ma'am i dunno... what to say hehe... all i can say is wait for your time...maybe when the work load piles up..u will have another blogpost about how u miss ur old days when u had all the time in the world...:-)...

i am so srry about ur no crease to crese only clothes...i would flip out if that happned to me...:-)

cheerz and best of luck on your job...:-)

June 4, 2008 at 10:11 AM  

I would say enjoy while it lasts, and you can keep writing your blogs as much as possible. See the 'sunny' side. And as for that coffee, me wants some too!! :-)

June 4, 2008 at 10:15 AM  

@Mishra- trust me the office rocks and ppl who are workin seem more than happy here... Its only that i don have the work..LOL... and bout restrictions, well with Information Highway full of all the crooks ready to steal your info, i think its justified... and like u said - a perfect paradox to my feelings in the blog :0

@Samby - Thanks for your wishes.. and seriously, i do flip out oot every single day...well actually last 2 days have been better cuz i have started using the AC bus tht the company provides :)

@Blogeshna/Sudu - Thanku hai ji. And coffee kya karogi, treat hai meri taraf se, par mil kab rahi hai ladki???

June 4, 2008 at 3:18 PM  

ya dun eat teh cookies??? womanannnn, what's gotten to yaaa??? :)
heeee, btwwwww, cookies carry calories??;) nowwww is tat the reason???

heee
:)
n womannnnnn, try n get a look around- at all those cute guys arond!!!!!!tatz my favvvv pastime!!! heeeee

n abt travellin two hours, i did tat fro six years of my life- engineering n mba colleges in chennai are mostly25-30 kmzs awayyyy=- it's teh only reason i put up with my current job babe- it's 5 mins away!!! n ta-ta-da!!i dun get my clothes creaseddddd.. do ya wanna hit me on the headddddd :) heeee..

n yehhhhhhh now would ya wann come down n punch me in the eye for telling ya taht my intenet at office lets me have access to all the webpages on the web ;);)

yehhh, but ya can have the last laugh-->
i'm in salessss, :(:(
n even though i got everything in officce(btw i git fresh n honest coffee-vending-machine;);))--> i'mnot allowed to sit in the office, cos work for me is 'on teh field'!!!!'
urghhhhhhh--> y is the grass always greener on the other side@@:((:(

love ya galll :)

June 7, 2008 at 11:34 AM  

waah waah waah
ccd machine
and YOU CRIB
i wish i had a decent coffee machine in my office...it jets out terrible coffee
and u know how much i love coffee!
power dressing n all eh ...sahee
i go in my floaters and suits without dupatta :P
ahem...
and guess what?! therez a ladies loo as well...wt luxury after not having a woman in sales for 22 yrs :P

June 8, 2008 at 1:17 PM  

where are u?? helooooooooooo??

June 15, 2008 at 8:12 PM  

thanks for dropping by :)

btw, how did u reach it?

June 19, 2008 at 3:31 PM  

oh.. yes! rantravereflect :D

June 19, 2008 at 3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home