Heart'n'Soul

Monday, August 11, 2008

A(wwww)GUST!!!

Yeah...its “Awwww poor baby” time for me. One of those months of the year that always kept me excited, especially in the first week, seemed to have dampened my spirits rite in the beginning of the month!!! Friendship week, Rakhi and a few important birthdays kept me busy...but this year, well I don feel like myself!!! Except for all the goodie goodie compliments for my new pic…of course it doesn’t matter that my sister thinks I look like a retard instead…LOL

I love travelling, and this month looks jam packed. But after the first trip to Bangalore/Kochi... I am scared of going anywhere at all. The month started with a BAD BAD BAD day at office...was juggled from project to project, THREE TIMES in just one single day. And no one was willing to tell me WHY ? Usual office politics at the higher level took its toll on me and yeah I cried…..I CRIED….I mean I CRIED!!! That too - IN OFFICE...DIIIIAAAMMMM....felt so stupid after that. My leave was also cancelled :”( the only solace was that I was looking forward to a trip to Kochi with my friends.

I think there is something majorly wrong with my stars this month...the one thing that was the reason for me to smile, my trip last weekend, got totally messed up!!!

It started with a flight delay at the time of take off...so I called my friend to airport accordingly...but guess wt??? The flight landed 45 minutes early...LOL...History in the making for Indian airports I guess.... and so I was stranded alone at the airport for almost an hour. Then came the next morning....got up somehow, packed our bags and left for Kochi feeling pretty excited. But just as soon as we started noticing and admiring the natural beauty of God's own country...something like an earthquake shook us well out of our cheerful and bright mood. The smile on our face faded away...Why? cuz of the beautifully constructed crater like wholes in the road...and well we drove in similar conditions for next 4 n a half hours...I mean seriously...FOUR AND A HALF HOURS...My friend did all the cribbing cuz the poor thing had to bear the brunt of the lovely roads…feel sorry for him and his car!!! And the icing on the cake - Kochi welcomed us with a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG traffic jam. By the time we reached our hotel, we were dead tired and I am sure if a dissection was carried out on us, some of our bones would be discovered out of place due to all the shaking and the breaking! Ufffffffffff!!!

If that was not enough, the next day, just when I was in the bath room...trying to relieve my totally fucked up back(how and why is another story), the tap broke...can u believe it!!!! It just fell out of the wall...JUST LIKE THAT...And it was a 5 star hotel for god’s sake ....eeehihihihihihi...FIVE STAR!!!!! The water flooded the loo and the room. Ok I know how to swim...and as irrelevant as it mite be...I was still scared. I am scared of water and I felt like m gonna drown n die rite there rite then. - in the bathtub...DONT YOU DARE LAUGH...the stupid thing fell on my foot and the water came dashing full force on my face. I was not in my senses for next one hour. Ok fine laugh if you want to but I can’t help it, water is the only thing I am really scared of. Can face other things I fear but not water I guess!!! What guess Div??? You surely can not face it!

Anyway, the way back was equally exciting with the craters that seemed to have widened. Looks like my stars wanted to have some more fun...so on a short visit to a CCD on the way back home, I merrily forgot my cell phone there...my Sony Ericson that I had bought just a month back...the moment I realized it, my heart stopped beating...I almost had a heart attack...felt so idiotic and lost....I guess I was!!! But I got it back...thanks to the staff there, I am still alive...cuz if the mini cardiac arrest wouldn’t have killed me, my mum sure wud have!

You think its over….hahahahaha…read on for some more twists and turns…for some reason I was feeling cold like crazy, that too in South India during this time of the year….everyone was looking at me like I am an alien in a pull over. The flight IN was still better cuz the guy sitting next to me was talking to me so the time flew by and I made a new friend…but flight OUT was miserable. I was freezing and spicejet did not have blankets, was damn woozy and felt like I will throw up. My friend advised me to grab a bite as soon as the flight ppl serve something…I tried following the advice but ended up puking it all out as soon as I finished eating it. Felt frail and exhausted!!! Eeewwwwwww…. I wished badly that it would end but the anticlimax was me fainting on Delhi airport, they said my BP was higher than it should be…and as soon as I regained consciousness, I was feeling sorry for the poor guys who had to carry me…of course I think it’s funny now. Poor Guys really!!!

But this is just the least of it...cuz exactly on friendship day; I managed to lose two of my close friends. BINGO....what a celebration!!! One doesn’t seem to care enough…wonder if I was ever considered a friend and the other has just moved on in life. It hurts like hell and if it was in my hands, I would never let go… but well, sometimes - to be yourself, you got to stop being yourself. Now that’s a good one for Speaking Dee Dee section…LOL!!!

But well, like Linda Goodman wisely said...this saggi girl for sure has those little wings tied to her feet and has her rose tinted glasses resting perfectly on her nose. So as much as I am scared that my trips this month may not be that great, I am still ready with my bags packed.

Here is how August looks like -

- Next Weekend, a trip to Dalhousie...mountain hopping again...YAYEEEE!!! Praying that god gives me enough courage to touch the water taps in the hotel or else my friends will be suffering from self induced nose blockage. And the trouble seems to have already started here cuz my stay is confirmed but not the train tickets…LOL

- Once the project kicks off on or after 20th I shall be visiting Chennai and/or Bangalore...depending on which team I am in.

And well if my luck will have it, even Egypt is not far, just that I still don’t have a passport!!! Yeah I know I should get one ASAP…Sigh!!! The form is too long to fill.

JAM PACKED I SAY...but my philosophy says that if you want to make time for something you really like and really want, it happens automatically and doesn’t need any special effort...so I shall make time for blogville and even if I don post a lot, I promise to drop by regularly and read what all of you are doing :)

Wish me luck...I don want to drown n die!!!! I wonder what mischief my stars are up to this time ***raising the eyebrow!!!

Labels: , ,

posted by Heart'n'Soul at 4:00 PM

45 Comments:

Enjoy !
Welcome to mumbai...
:)

August 11, 2008 at 4:38 PM  

Mumbai??? when did i mention tht HOBO...lol

But thnks...i never say no to wishes and compliemnts...lol

August 11, 2008 at 4:50 PM  

D...wts wrng wid d mst chrful n d hppst prsn in d wrld tht i kno

u makn me feel sad now!!! Smile gurl, it luks gr8 on u, n trst me...ur frnds hv lst sumthn if thy hv movd on.

u r a gr8 frnd n i cn swr by tht.

Luv u lods, mmmmwwwuuuaaah

August 11, 2008 at 5:30 PM  

You can say :
Welcome to Delhi...
ha aha ha

August 11, 2008 at 5:40 PM  

Real good stuff ...u write well

blogrolling u :)

August 11, 2008 at 7:00 PM  

that was funny! LOL
It's the first time I'm hearing about a person who's afraid of water. R u bitten by a dog? LOL
:)

August 11, 2008 at 8:16 PM  

dont worry babes!! soon awwwgust will turn into au(yayyy)gust for u!!
gud luck:)

August 11, 2008 at 9:16 PM  

Even though I was expecting the worst,this really seems way too much for one being to take!Awwwwww no wonder you were lost sweetie.Let's hope all this bad karma is only confined to the first half of the month.Everything will be fine dear.True friends are never lost,time will bring them back.

I envy your itinerary girl!Chennai and Bangalore are two of my fav places on earth and I so do want to visit the others.And if you take a stopover en route to Egypt,make sure it's Dubai :)

Take good care dearie.Loads of love & hugs.Muaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

August 11, 2008 at 9:26 PM  

Lol..

FAINTED.:D


nice stuff

August 11, 2008 at 10:35 PM  

***sometimes to be yourself you got to stop being yourself

Challenge, tu kabhi follow nai kar payegi...ur hrt melts not like a candle but like ghee.

Laloo bachhi

August 12, 2008 at 1:27 AM  

@Attaboy
First - m glad u still readin my blog after all the fite...lol...Muaz for tht

Second - don feel sad re, I am happy - din u read bout the wings on my heels and the rose tinted glass :)

August 12, 2008 at 1:41 AM  

@Hobo = ok done, welcome to delhi

@Think Tank - tnks for droppin by...and thnks for the complimnt :)...shall drop in tomorrow morning to read wt you have to say

@Aneesh - u r my blog frind...u r not supposed to make fun of me :P
No m not bitten by a dog, i just din realize tht i fear water so much till now...LOL

August 12, 2008 at 1:41 AM  

@Gunj - looks like when u were writin these words...god was listenin to u. thngs seem a lil better already. Thnks...wish i had asked for more, maybe a billion dollars...lol

August 12, 2008 at 1:41 AM  

@SAM---mmmmuuuuuaaaaahhhhh
thnk u...u being around makes me feel better already....n looks like egypt trip is cancelled for some stupid reason but it aint matter cuz i shall drop into dubai sometime just to meet ya...wt say....srry re, m a supr senti prson...u will have to bear with me thn...lol

August 12, 2008 at 1:41 AM  

@Venky - hanso hanso...isilye monkey bola

@Aayushi - u also makin fun of me now...ok fine i shall laugh with u...LOL....it really is funny!!!

@Simi - i know...hehehehe...thts y it was for speakin Dee Dee n not the thnkin Divi...lol

August 12, 2008 at 1:42 AM  

Incredible...absolutely incredible...chalk it up to experience...and what can be derived from them! :)

August 12, 2008 at 4:27 AM  

>:D<

Well!Trust me, it could have been worse.. Be the sweet optimist as ever and check signs for the brighter things in life! :)

And in spite of what your sister says, your pic is goood!!! :D :D :D
BTW.. All sisters are like that! :D

August 12, 2008 at 6:10 AM  

WOW look who's bitten by the Travel bug!

lol some fun times u've had ha? wut u nearly lost ur cell? I'd hv died instantly if that happened to me. Me and my cell r like soul-mates!


And u lost a friend? I dun think so. She LOST u. :)


Who says ur pic looks like a retard? omg thats sooooo wrong! U look beautiful in this pic and I rem I told u that too, when u first put it up. Im sorry but ur sis must be jealous? lol!


*HUGZ* here's hoping u'll hv better days and months ahead! :)


Keshi.

August 12, 2008 at 9:39 AM  

@Kuan

yeah...rite...tryin to learn from my experience as on how to use the hotel taps...hahaha
thnks for droppin by

@Ani - yeah i guss all sisters r like tht...lol
and the well its in my sun sign to be optimistic, cant help it u see :)
thnku...now i have strtd belivin tht the pic is GOOD...lol

August 12, 2008 at 10:18 AM  

@Keshi - yes bitten big time...and well i had tht little hope tht i may get it back so i din die...u know my first thoughts were that i will lose all contacts and not bout the cell itself...lol

and yes u did tell me bout the pic, was just mentionin how my sis was havin some fun@my cost...lol...i guess its not cuz shes J but just cuz shes a sis...lol

August 12, 2008 at 10:19 AM  

Hi there!

Kochi: What a fabulous city. I have lived in Kochi for a yeAr. But that was long ago. Kerala's food, natural beauty, Munnar, Beaches, Toddy shops... I love it all.

August 12, 2008 at 12:51 PM  

wel, even a rose has thorns.. :)

mwuahhh woman:*
the flooding n the shivering--> pick up some random hottie; i tell you, it's the best cure..

heeee,. a hot cuppa cappacino would actually do, ;) but since ya seem to be forgetting ya phone at ccd, i dun think it's that gud an idea..

n egypt is not far, only the form is too long ;) lollllll..

n ya 're liek really doing the rounds-this is awesummmmmmmmm :)

atleast ya get to see teh world--> cold, n wet n hostile n earth-quake ridden as it may be ;)

mwuahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :*

wish ya heaploads of luck down the line :)

n the tears--> they only make ya vent it out..
so smileee now..
huggsssss

August 12, 2008 at 12:58 PM  

@Kulpreet - unfortunately i cudnt see all tht u said....thnks for droppin by though

@Jane...thnkuuuuuu darling :)
yes i am lookin at the silver lining n thts u, sam, keshi, ani, aayshi, gunj, hobo, aneesh, venky and all othrs who drop in regularly n are wishin me luck...MUUUUUAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

August 12, 2008 at 2:02 PM  

awwww.... hope the rest of the month will be much more better for you! I am sure it will! Good luck for everything!

August 12, 2008 at 2:04 PM  

Lena- thnku :)
yes i am hopin it will be better....or well atkeast not worse

August 12, 2008 at 2:06 PM  

uh oh!
never mind, girl.. for all that you know, you might have just got done with all the travel misfortunes for the year.. it cant get any worse, so sit back n njoy ur trips!! jam packed indeed! make sure u don't forget to have your share of fun!!!

August 12, 2008 at 3:01 PM  

@Usha - yeah i am hopin so too...yayeee to the trips :)

August 12, 2008 at 3:11 PM  

Awwww you are welcome sweetie!You are welcome here any day.Btw,I might have a stopover in Delhi when I come to India the next time,hope to see you then :)

Take care dearie.Muaaaaaaaaaaaaah

As for the super-senti,that makes two of us :P

August 12, 2008 at 3:16 PM  

any time SAM....just drop in a mail :0

August 12, 2008 at 3:17 PM  

"to be yourself, you got to stop being yourself."

I guess, I undertand dat, and i guess I dont understand also..
but sounds good !

Aug is too spl fr me, hope things work out fr u too..and have a blast at Dalhousie n post pix's frm dere :)

August 12, 2008 at 5:40 PM  

read my post...the coincidences are not even funny!!:(

Scribblers Inc.

August 12, 2008 at 7:47 PM  

Saggi..Awwww :)
u r strucken by bad luck...it ll get fyn by time...
U must be like why d hell is aww-gust 31 day long unlike Feb :))
So how did u learn to swim when you are afraid of water??I cudnt do that :((
Btw Dalhousie is damn good place...

August 12, 2008 at 8:12 PM  

lol i can understand about the phobia :) i am a cynophobic ;)

and cell phones...sigh mine is still in the service centre for China to send down the stuff ;)

lol u travel soooo much,i feel so caught up!

August 12, 2008 at 9:17 PM  

@Deb - well it basically meant tht sumtimes to be the person u r in the long run, gotta be cautious n try contolin ur natural impulses in shrt term
Gyaan full on na...LOL

August 12, 2008 at 11:30 PM  

@Scribbler - read it, YEAH....this is scary actully

@Sachi - thnks ya!!! need all the luck :)
Will update on dalhousi once m back

August 12, 2008 at 11:31 PM  

@Vishesh - finally sum1 who undrstnds..HAH!!! THNKU...and i donlike trvllin so much for wrk so its nt tht much fun...but whn its for hooliday thn i am all game for it

August 12, 2008 at 11:31 PM  

awwwwgust..??

You seem to be in midst of a happening month..fun comes with pain..so bear the sneezes..and faints...the BP..and the water..lol..

but seriously take care. And whats so scary about water..? It gave you common cold..that's it..!

August 13, 2008 at 1:11 AM  

When it rains, it pours!!!!!

Hope you enjoy your upcoming travel plans.

August 13, 2008 at 10:49 AM  

Awwwww..............poor poor baby !

For me this month is flying babe.

Before I even realised its already 13th !! And I'm looking forward to loong weeknd...then a frens wedding next week...

Btw the post pic too damn cute !!! Look at her the tears streaming donw her face !! And her strawberry lips at that !!!

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww....................

August 13, 2008 at 11:33 AM  

hehe :).. it was funny readin that.. thjough i bet u dont feel that way :)... bettr luck in kochi next time around :).. btw.. which 5 star hotel was that??

August 13, 2008 at 6:57 PM  

@Zubin...hahaha ok fine i give up finally...no one will get wts scarry boutit :(

@Solitare - thnks girl...lookin fwd to this trip n will update as soon as m back :)

@Cinderella - thnk, finally sum1 said sumthn bout the cute lil girl....adorable i say :)

August 13, 2008 at 7:59 PM  

@Arun- lets not get the business of the hotel down...but get the hint...not many 5 strs thr na :)

August 13, 2008 at 8:00 PM  

friends are not supposed to tease you??
That's a new information :)

August 13, 2008 at 8:10 PM  

@Aneesh - ofcourse...thts exactly wt u did anyways...lol

August 16, 2008 at 8:27 PM  

hmmm.. i can think of 5 places at least ;-)...lol!!

August 18, 2008 at 5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home